Saturday, July 26, 2008

I just saw my favorite NYC band last night. It was at Lit Lounge, so it seemed like there were lots of people there. I'm always in front, so every show I see seems pretty full.

Anyways, the point is they were awesome. It was everything I want to hear at a show. Driving beats, dynamic arrangements, melodic, clanging guitars, busy bass lines and a singer with an impeccable melodic sense. They even did some guitarmonies. It was so satisfying. It was guiltily 90s sounding and I loved it. Best show I've seen all year*. I swayed and smiled the whole time.

Check Golden City out:
http://www.myspace.com/therealgoldencity
Then you can see me at their next show.

Maybe I've been watching too many Monk episodes, but as I watched the show, I actually concocted a plan of killing Jim and every other second guitar player who joined Golden City. That way, when nobody else would join, I could step up and be in the band. But then Monk would catch me and it would be all over, so I opted against that plan. Just kidding Jim ;)

* Including the Ginger shows, but excluding some moments from those shows and excluding the WiLDHEARTS show I will see in Sept.

No comments: